Before we start with the processes about How to Drain a Hot Tub With a Garden Hose, we need to know what a Hot Tub really is- it is really a large bathtub. In fact, it is much larger than regular sized bathtubs- it might contain even four people at times!
Hot-tubs installations are mainly outdoor ones- although indoor ones do exist as well. Generally, we change the water in a hot-tub not after a single use, but after multiple uses. The exact number of uses, however, depends on the number of people using it.
Now, those of you who have a hot-tub without any in-built outlet know the hassle of draining it already. However, there is no reason to be afraid because Turf Mechanic is here for you!
We know that draining a Hot-Tub with only a garden hose sounds hard. But trust me when I say this, it’s actually way simpler than you can imagine! In fact, we are going to show you How to Drain a Hot Tub With a Garden Hose with perfect ease in this article.
How to Drain a Hot Tub With a Garden Hose?
Many tubs have drains built in at the base of the access panel while others require siphoning. Water the lawn and landscaping beds with the old water, but be sure not to use any chemicals in the hot tub for two to three days beforehand.
Now, naturally, since you plan to use the Hot-Tub, you need to clean it. But, some of these Hot-Tubs do not really come with an outlet in them. So, what can you do in that case? You need to clean it with a garden hose. And that’s where the question arises, “How to Drain a Hot Tub With a Garden Hose?”
You will find that there are only a handful number of ways to do so, and that makes it really important to discuss all of them.
1. Relying on a pump to draw the water through the hose:
Do you want to get your job done quickly and you don’t mind spending a little extra for some equipment? Then, you might follow the process that professionals do, using a pump to pump out the water with the help of a hose.
You can do this by following these steps:
- Attach a pump to the hose you’re planning to use.
- Carefully put one end inside the water- be sure to put it deep inside it so that it can actually draw out the water properly. If you keep it in a shallow part, the water level will soon decline and you’ll find that nothing is coming out of the other side.
- Be sure to put the other end of the water where you want to drain the water. Have you followed the advice of not using chemicals in the water for a few days before draining it? Then it might be a good choice to actually drain the water into your garden to water your plants properly.
2. Relying on the force of Gravity alone:
The first method is usually followed by some of the professionals out there. Nonetheless, most of the people who own hot-tubs themselves prefer to use the second one. They just let the water flow out through the hose to lower ground under the influence of gravity. So,are you planning to just do it once a blue moon? Then, it might be the better option of the two, because the investment here is substantially smaller.
How to Drain a Hot Tub With a Garden Hose? This might just be the way! All you need for this is the hose itself, and this process is much simpler. It is a little more time consuming, but it is just so simple that it makes up for it! So, you can easily do it yourself by following these simple steps:
- First of all, you must attach one end of the hose to a water bib (faucet). The other end of the hose must be kept inside the Hot Tub
- Next, you must let the water run through the hose into the Hot Tub until there is no air inside the hose and only water is coming out. It is essential that only water must be coming out by the time you finish this step.
- Then, you must turn off the faucet and disconnect the hose from it. Then, you must take the end that was connected to the faucet to the place where you want to drain the water. This place should ideally be at a lower level than the Hot-Tub so that the water can flow. You might want to place it in your garden or lawn. This would enable you to use the water to water your plants at the same time!
- Finally, you just need to sit aside and relax, because you’ve finally found out How to Drain a Hot Tub With a Garden Hose!
…the water pressure in the hot tub essentially pushes the water out the hose, because the open end of the hose is lower than the level of the water in the hot tub. Yes, the water has to go up and over the edge of the tub…
Do not forget to clean the Hot-Tub regularly!
One of the main things people love to do is to procrastinate- and that’s not really advisable here. While it’s alright in some cases, keeping the things you use clean is really important. So, given the pressure on the Hot-Tub, you must keep cleaning it after a certain period, and this is absolutely essential.
For a rough idea, you might want to clean it once every two months or so if only you use it, while a commercially used Hot-Tub needs to be cleaned at least twice to thrice every week. So, please do not forget to keep your Hot-Tub clean in order to ensure the necessary hygiene to remain healthy.
Now that your Hot-Tub is clean and your lawn is watered…
Now that your Hot-Tub is clean and your lawn is watered and you know How to Drain a Hot Tub With a Garden Hose, you must be really happy and you might just plan to spend some time in the lawn soon- but do you remember what happened the last time you did that?
Well, there is no reason for you to worry because Turf Mechanic is here for you! You might just click through to read our article on “Why Does Grass Make You Itchy“. In that article, we have taken the time to enumerate all the causes as to why you might feel itchy because of grass. We have also taken care to properly show you how to monitor yourself after the itch. In fact, we have even pointed out the basics of how you might want to avoid such situations altogether.
So, we really recommend that you check out that article, because that really goes well with this one. We really hope to see you on there as well, and we thank you in advance for that!
Turf Mechanic is here for you!
So, we thank you from the core of our heart for reading this article till the very end. We really hope that you now know How to Drain a Hot Tub With a Garden Hose. We also hope that you found at least something new in this article that would help you out in the long run.
Although we did try our best to satisfy all your potential queries, we understand you might still have a few questions for us. And guess what? We would love to hear from you! So, should you have any questions that you might want to shoot our way, please do not hesitate to reach out to us. Please know that we are always here for you and we are always eager to hear from you!
Make sure to read all of my posts on using hoses; there’s lots of random stuff in there you’ll probably find useful.
Finally, we thank you once again for reading this article till the very end. We really hope that we would have you on our next article as well, and till then, we here at Turf Mechanic wish you a great day!