Impact Sprinklers, as you know, are special sprinklers that work based on the force of the impact that the water makes on the sprinkler! However, there’s a special type of product that we are going to talk about today: low pressure impact sprinklers!
[If you’re looking for low pressure impact sprinklers, you might also be interested in impact sprinklers on tripods! Click here to read our article on the best one you can go for.
Alternatively, if you’re interested in oscillating sprinklers for low pressure, click here to read our article on those!
Honestly, the first time I learnt about these, I was really worried about they would work. But after all this time, I realize that they have actually made it work- it’s a genuine product! So, if you want an impact sprinkler but have a low pressure and don’t want to install a pump like me, you must take a look!
In today’s article here at Turf Mechanic we are going to take a look at these. We really hope that this article would be really informative. It is really hoped that you would take your time to read this article till the very end. So, are you ready to get started?
What is an Impact Sprinkler?
An Impact sprinkler is a specific type of lawn sprinkler that you need to know about. In fact, you need to know about it before you plan to go for any kind of lawn sprinkler. So, an Impact Sprinkler is a special type of sprinkler where the force of the water hits the sprinkler. This hit drives the sprinkler head in a circular manner, making it a really efficient electrical sprinkler.
The main features of an Impact Sprinkler might be summed up in the following words:
- Developed in 1933 by Orton Englehart, it is one of the most loved sprinkler types in the entire market today! This Sprinkler is really loved by both new and old customers alike!
- One thing to keep in mind is that you need a fairly high amount of water pressure for one of these. Naturally, if the water is too low for the sprinkler head to rotate, it might not work. As such, you need to ensure a certain amount of water pressure, even if that calls for a pump.
- Also, there is at least one extend arm that you might easily be able to notice. The water falls on this one and this turns the jet of water into divided sets of droplets, which ensures that the whole lawn gets watered properly.
- Naturally, since the Impact Sprinklers don’t really have a too complicated system, they usually last for a while. If you’re careful, these are one of those things that you need to go for minimum maintenance with!
- Some Impact Sprinklers also come with a tripod, which makes it easier for you to water your lawn!
- However, one thing you might want to keep in mind is that these machines are a little expensive. While they might not themselves be expensive, the ones with a tripod sure are a little expensive. Of course, they are not always super expensive, but you must make sure that it’s in your budget. Keep in mind that a smart buyer never exceeds his budget!
What is the Best Impact Sprinkler for Low Water Pressure?
As I mentioned earlier, getting the right model isn’t hard in regular circumstances. However, when it comes to specific low pressure models, it becomes increasingly hard to find the right model This is partially owing to the fact that there are very few good models actually designed for this.
Honestly, it takes a lot of time and research to find out the best impact sprinkler for low pressure! However, we have already put in all this effort for you- and thus, Turf Mechanic brings to you this article! We are going to take a look at the most prominent models for this purpose. We are also going to discuss the main features of each of them so you can easily judge them.
So, the main models you might want to know of, along with their features, are as follows:
Rain Bird P5RLSP Impact Sprinkler
The most popular model out there when it comes to this category of models is the Rain Bird. In fact, this is so famous that a lot of lawn sprinklers of this sort are actually called “rain bird” despite the fact that rain bird is a single brand!
So, you might be wondering if Rain Bird deserves the reputation it enjoys. Users, old and new alike, believe that they do. And it really isn’t hard to see why if you take a look at the main features that it provides you with as well as the reviews that users have left, which might be summed up into the following points:
- First of all, this model boasts of versatility when it comes to watering angle. It can be adjusted anywhere between 0 and 360 degrees, making it a great choice if you’re looking for that.
- This model also boasts of a fair distance when it comes to watering your lawn. It boasts of a 25 inch to 41 inch spraying distance, which isn’t too shabby!
- It has also been specially designed and provided with a diffuser screw to make the water more evenly distributed. Experts claim that this model has succeeded in bringing about a fair level of uniformity in amount of watering!
- Again, this model is actually a fairly affordable model if you choose to go with the plastic only version. You have a few metal-related versions that cost a bit more, but they are a good investment too in the sense that they are a little more durable, eventually paying for themselves in the long run.
MPLUS Heavy Duty Brass Impact Sprinkler
Next in line is the MPLUS Heavy Duty Brass Impact Sprinkler. If you’re a sticker for conventional designs or a lover of aesthetic models that are beautiful in a conventional way, this one might be the best choice for you out there when it comes to choosing the best impact sprinkler for low pressure.
The main features of this model might be summed up in the following points:
- As I just remarked, one of the main things about this model is its sheer aesthetic aspect. This model has a conventional look, and yet a really beautiful one. So, if that sounds like something that you’re looking for, this model is one of the models you can go for without thinking twice.
- The next thing that you might want to keep in mind about this model is that it is a fairly durable one. It is made of brass, making it one of the more durable models out there. This actually means that the model pays for itself in the long run if everything goes properly.
- This model also boasts of 0-360 degree adjustment and a 20 inch to 41 inch spraying radius, making it a good contender for all other models out there.
- However, this model is a little more expensive than the other models. This really isn’t too surprising because those models are made of plastic and it’s made out of zinc. But, you might still want to make sure that you’re willing to pay this much for this model. If all of these sound like you, you simply need to check this model out!
Jocestyle Garden Lawn Woods Impact Sprinkler
There’s another model that isn’t too famous on Amazon yet, but I would still like to bring to your notice. Here at Turf Mechanic, we don’t always only focus on the popularity of the models, we also take a look at the technical aspects.
This model sounds like a great choice when you consider all the sides. You can easily see the reason once you take a look at the main features that this model boasts of:
- To begin with, this model is actually made of plastic, but certain parts are made of stainless steel to give the main parts the durability that they need.
- This model provides you with the R-15m to R-21 meter spray range, which makes it a fairly good choice too.
- Two things that this model specially boasts of are shock-resistance and anti corruption- two features that most other models do not always provide you with.
- Again, this model is a good choice when it comes to the economic aspect as well. Even if you’re on a conservative budget, this model is sure to fit your budget. So, that makes this model a good choice for everyone!
How to Choose the Right Impact Sprinkler for Your Lower Pressure System?
Confused about which model of these might be the best for you? Well, I was in your place too, getting confused by similar models, but I learned how to choose the right one- and I’m going to teach you the same!
There’s only one thing you need to know: what you’re looking for. Once you know what you’re looking for, it becomes surprisingly easier. You can judge every model accordingly and find the one that is the best for you.
Keep in mind that the best model out there isn’t the model with the highest amount of sales or the highest or lowest price, but the one that serves all your needs at the price that sounds the most reasonable to you.
As long as you can keep this in mind, it becomes really simple to choose the right model for yourself!
We really hope that you were able to learn at least something useful from the article, and we really hope that you would be able to use this information in your lawn to get the lawn that you dream of. We here at Turf Mechanic are always here for you and we wish you the best of luck! Until we meet again on another article, we wish you a great day!